Thursday, March 8, 2012

You can't apply on Monster.com for a job as a Major League Baseball player.

Excellent and very well written blog post by Ted Berg, which starts off with:

"There’s a pitcher who’s in Mets Major League camp that’s staying at my hotel. It doesn’t seem appropriate to say his name and it doesn’t much matter for the sake of this weird and potentially off-putting post anyway, but I can say with some confidence that he’s very unlikely to make the Mets’ roster out of Spring Training.

And nearly every evening I see this guy sitting in his car in the hotel parking lot talking on the phone, and something about it makes me sad. I don’t know what he’s saying or to whom. For all I know he just spends an inordinate amount of time ordering pizza or engaging solicitors. But I assume he’s talking to his dad or his sister or his best friend or his old coach, someone or some combination of people who care about him a whole lot and want to hear about his progress and performance in Port St. Lucie.
"

You will be glad you read this post about the business of baseball and the individuals that play the game, which can also be written as 'individuals that work in this field'.

No comments:

Post a Comment