Friday, March 16, 2012

A coach should take advantage of the strengths of his star players? What a revolutionary concept!!

Thank you Chris Matassino of SNY Why Guys for saying what has been on my mind for years:

"...in my opinion its [sic] up to the coach to adapt his system to the players he has, not the other way around. A coach should take advantage of the strengths of his star players, not try and mold them to fit his coaching philosophy."

I can't begin to tell you how many times I hear about a coach and 'his system' and think to myself, "Is this guy so dumb that he can't figure out what his players are good at and then tailor his strategy to exploit that?" I see this in football and basketball and it annoys the hell out of me. I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks this way because I was starting to feel like I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment