Thursday, March 1, 2012

Torres overcomes ADHD to become elite defender - NYPOST.com

Nice column by Kevin Kernan about Andres Torres. Some nice quotes from Torres essentially describing what everyone with ADHD goes through:

"“If you find the right medication plus therapy and some professional help, you can find success like I did,’’ Torres told The Post. “I struggled for many years.’’

Torres, 34, was diagnosed with the condition in 2002 but took medication for only two or three days. “I was thinking, ‘I’m a good athlete, I don’t need to take anything,’ ’’ he explained.

Thinking that he could overcome the condition without medication was a bad decision. “The focus wasn’t there,’’ he said. “It’s not about just being hyper. You have to find focus in everything you do.’’
"

No comments:

Post a Comment